05 April 2011

J'Adore a Painted Floor

I saw this staircase in the November 2010 edition of House & Home Magazine, in a home belonging to Designer Sarah Richardson, and I was in love. I have a bit of an obsession with graphics, fonts and typeface and these combined with my love of painted floors? Well, I was a goner!


Here are some of my favorite examples of painted floors (and stairs).
Like painted ceilings, the idea can be a tough sell to clients, but it can be both practical - a great option for older hardwood floors that have been sanded too many times and have become too thin to sand again, or if the budget does not allow for stripping and refinishing - and daring - another chance to make your home uniquely yours. Try it! You'll fall in love.....

image: country home

image: country home

image: domino

image: martha stewart living

image: martha stewart living

image: martha stewart living

1 comment:

Dawn Royster said...

A painted floor? Really? Oh, I don't know about that. Wouldn't it get dirty? What if someone scratched it?

I jest, of course! Simply gorgeous post.