20 February 2013

Chalk It Up

I recently came across this picture of a restaurant interior and thought the corkscrew was an ingenious and fresh use of chalkboard paint ~ admittedly a trend that has been a wee bit overdone.  Don't get me wrong, I love it and have a great vintage blackboard in my own kitchen.  
I got to thinking about other new and fresh ways to use the paint, and came across some really great ideas!




My kitchen blackboard.

Painted onto the backs of cabinets, or even bookcases, I have used wallpaper to do this, but never chalkboard paint!
place mats. A cute play on blackboard menus.

herb planter.

No needles to sweep!

A menu is fairly common,  but I love the subway tile frame.
It works in a modern setting as well!

A great way to practice your geography,
Easter eggs!
labels
A wall calendar in various shades of gray.
  
Come on! SO creative,
Kitchen back splash! I'm also loving the little cookbook shelves above, but I digress.

Painted trays. Serve decanted wine and write the vintage on the tray!


Chalkboard paint can be any color you wish!

I'll say it again - I love a painted stair!


No comments: